Black roses (roses of black color) do not exist in nature as such they look black because of their dark and deep red color. Botanists have manipulated roses’ genes through preliminary cross breeding, creating a hybrid black rose. The most popular black rose is the “Black Jade” The flowers commonly called black roses are actually a very dark red color.
Growing black Roses
- Black rose plant i.e. Black Jade requires soil with more proportion of sand and less of clay and it should be planted in a partial shade.
- It should be watered thrice a week and take care that after watering the water does not stand on it as it is required to be kept hardly moist.
- Manure or fertilizer especially made for roses should be used, black roses need to be fertilized at start of their growing season and once in middle of their growing season.
- It requires pruning in winter and prune it so that only 4 to six inches is left on the stem.
- Black rose is defenseless against fungus. Treat your plant immediately with fungicide as soon as brown spot appears on its leaves.
A Black Rose
How to Prune Roses Climbing Rose Red Rose Rambler Rose White Rose Pink Rose Blue Rose Yellow Rose Tea Rose Orange Rose Purple Rose Sunrise Rose Sunset Rose Fourth of July Rose Red and white Rose